Adsense

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Nails Of The Day: Flower Power...

I recently created a simple nail look using real dried flowers as a nail accessory and thought I would share it with you. I had to create the look on my toe nails as the area of my finger nails wasn't really big enough for the flowers and I felt it looked silly.

I got the dried flowers from Tmart. Tmart reminds me a lot of Walmart in the USA. I have been there once when I went with my family to Florida in 2008 and looking around Tmart's website, it took me back to looking around a Walmart store, where they have a large variety of different items at inexpensive prices. Tmart is an online marketplace and items are sent from Hong Kong, but they provide worldwide free shipping! I had a lot of fun looking around the website and was pleasantly surprised by their variety of items and their low prices. I would definitely recommend taking a look at what they have to offer.

The real dried flower nail accessories that I have are a 12 piece pack, consisting of 12 different compartments with several different coloured flowers in each:



The dried flowers are gorgeous and just up my street when it comes to nail art. I was a bit gutted that they didn't look right on my finger nails but my nails are quite tiny so I should have expected it really. However, I am happy that I can create cute looks on my toe nails that are going to look fab in the summer when I have my flip flops/sandals on :-). This pack of real dried flowers was just £2.35! I also bought a 1g professional nail glue to help the flowers stick to my nails and this was just £0.62p.

So, onto the look that I created. I decided to go for a glittery base that would sparkle and attract attention to the toes and even more attention to the flower I was going to place on each of my big toe nails. The base colour that I used was Models Own Disco Mix; a majorly sparkly pink and blue colour. Three coats of the polish is required to get the look you will see below:


Then I chose two purple dried flowers to place on the nails of my big toes. I placed a little blob of the nail glue into the centre of the back of each flower just to help it stick and stay for longer.


I hope you like this look and the dried flowers :-). They have plenty of other nail decorations on the Tmart website for really good prices. Some of these include: fruits, animals and hearts.

If you have any similar nail art decorations and have created looks like mine, I would love to see them!

Much Love,
Gem XxOo

2 comments:

  1. thats so cute! love it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun, I thought so too! Thanks for taking the time to read my post - your support means a lot :-) XxOo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...